Member of Court of H.M. The King
Honorary Hans Christian Andersen Ambassador
His Serene Highness Prince Bhisatej Rajani is son of H.H. Prince
Bidyalongkorn the grandson of King Pinklao (The Second King) and H.S.H. Princess Bornbimolpan daughter of H.H.Prince Narathipprabanbongs, son of King Rana IV. Prince Bhisatej Rajani was born on January 20, 1922, and got married to M.R.Datchari Vorawan daughter of H.S.H.Prince Nittayakorn and Mom Kaew.
Position - Chairman, Royal Project Foundation
Hobbies -Reading, listen to music
Sport - Sailing, windsurf and horse riding
Education History - B.A. in History, Law, and Economics, Cambridge University, England.
- An Honorary Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Social Development, Kasetsart University, July 1981.
- An Honorary Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Extension, Mae Jo Institute of Technology February 1995.
- An Honorary Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Economics, Ram Kumhang University, December 1991
- An Honorary Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture, Chiang Mai University, 1994.
- An Honorary Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Republic of China, May 1995.
- An Honorary Fellow of Liverpool John Moores University United Kingdom, July 1996.
Joined British Army in 1943, and engaged in underground movement against the Japanese.
1947-1962 Advertising Manager of Shell Company, Thailand.
1962-1978 Thai Director of The Thai-United Nations Hill-Tribe
Economic Development Project.
1977-1986 Chairman of Highland Agricultural Research
1972-1992 Director of The Royal Project.
1995-Present Chairman of The Royal Project Foundation.
Projects participated in and Outstanding Achievements:
- H.M.'s Farming Project at Hat Sai Yai, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province (1965-1969)
- The Royal Hill-Tribe Development Project
- The Thai-United Nations Hill-Tribe Economic Development Project.
- The Royal Project which has now changed into The Royal Project Foundation.
- Agricultural development for the North.
- Establishment of Agricultural Research Stations and Plant Production Cetres.
- Opium eradication by means of crop replacement
- Natural resource preseration
- Highland Agricultural Research
- Agricultural Extension
- Preserving and Marketing Agricultural Products.
1988 - Knight Grand Cross (First Class) of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao.
2001 - Commander of the First Degree of the Order of the Dannebrog from Queen Margrethe of Denmark
2000 - Lifetime Achievement Award from International Cooperation and Development Fund
H.S.H. Prince Bhisatej Rajani and Danish Ambassador to Thailand H.E. Ulrik Helweg-Larsen